Needlepoint for Fun explains how to repair a small cut on canvas with dental floss.
I've never repaired a cut canvas this way (although it looks like a good sturdy repair for a small area). I prefer the patch method, which I demonstrated in the link below. I feel it is best for an item that will get some wear, such as a pillow or even a chair seat.
Whichever route you take, your needlepoint will be ok again. No one will ever know!
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright June 10, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash