This month's newsletter for Amy Bunger's shop is a real keeper. First, Amy profiles Vikki Pinson, owner of Vikki's Stuff, a needlepoint finishing company that Amy uses often. You'll love seeing Vikki's unusual finishing for common needlepoint shapes! Here's Vikki's website.
Then Amy talks about how to use Ultrasuede on needlepoint canvases. Trust me, it's easy. Take one ply of cotton floss in the same color as your Ultrasuede, then find a tiny but sharp needle. (I use beading needles.) Then just put tiny stitches around the margins of your shape to attach it to the canvas, either over padding or not as you like. Easy!
I think this is one newsletter I'm going to print out and save.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright August 1, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash