Anna Scott is starting to create a new embroidery design and talks about how she is going to build the central figure using stumpwork techniques on this blog entry.
Now he's got socks and some pant legs.
Now he's got a head and a scarf and some of his jacket is in place, too.
We have a full jacket and clouds!
Anna finishes off the scarf and gives her floating man a face--and a hat!
Many of the tips and techniques she uses are applicable to needlepoint that incorporates stumpwork. And besides, it's just durn interesting!
I'll update this as Anna makes progress on Drifting on the Breeze.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright August 1, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash