Saturday, August 23, 2008

2008 Exemplary Winners



Pour a cup of coffee, sit back, and prepare to be amazed by all the wonderful award winners from the National Academy of Needlearts' 2008 Exemplary show! Click on the tiny photos for slightly larger versions.

http://www.needleart.org/Exemplary08/

The photo above is Gail Sirna's Morning Glory Santa, a personal favorite I saw in person at the 2007 ANG Seminar in Baltimore.

Remember not to drool on your keyboard....

Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Jane,

This morning I was stitching and minding my own business when taking a "short" break I went to visit your blog. BIG mistake! I clicked on the Needlearts 2008 examplary show link and spent a great amount of time there admiring and am afraid drooling all over my keyboard and have only looked at this year show and will have to go back again and again to see all those beautiful projects of previous years.

I will now be very very good and return to my stitching, but just wanted YOU to know what You did to me today (grinning)

A big thank you of appreciation for letting us know about this as I would have hated to have missed it as there are so much inspiration there for all of us.

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You are welcome, Pierette. And I did *warn* you....

If you are enjoying the Best in Show piece from 2008, you'll see a mention of Maxine Brandt's Japanese Embroidery. You can see some of her work here courtesy of Jennifer Ashley Taylor.

http://www.needleartworks.com/edu/je/gallery/gallery_list.htm

It'll astounded you, guaranteed!

P.S. Browsing beautiful works of art is never wasted time. You will learn a lot and be inspired.

NCPat said...

Wow! I finally took the time to look at these. Totally awesome and of course, I drooled the most in the Japanese Embroidery! Thanks for sharing!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

NAN shows the most awesome stitching imaginable. And of course the late Maxine Brandt was a master of Japanese Embroidery.