Wednesday, November 27, 2013

New Santas Just in Time for Christmas UPDATED

Just in time for Christmas, Leigh Designs has released four new designs, from a planned series of eight Russian Santas.   Each Santa is about six inches high on 18 count ecru canvas.  They are small enough for ornaments but will make lovely stand ups for a table or mantalpiece.  Here they are--
http://www.leighdesigns.com/Grp833x.html

I'm going to stitch one right here on Blog.  I'll post every stitch diagram and thread selection, so you can follow along, then make all the information up into a stitch guide for the shops later.  Which one do you think I picked?  Which one do you hope I choose?

Once my Russian Santa arrives, I'll get started.   I need to go rummage in my stash for threads and beads and crystals and felt.

Or maybe velvet....

In the meantime,  С Рождеством.

(That's Merry Christmas in Russian for all my Russian friends!)

UPDATE:  Enriched Stitch is planning a club for the first four Russian Santas starting in March 2014.
http://astheneedleturns.com/russian-santas-club/

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
@ Copyright 2013 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Hmmm. Felt & velvet suggest the last one (Holly), but I'd love to see what you would do with the bird Santa or the pale blue with snowflakes. He looks especially wintry.

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I like the little birds a lot (especially the owl) and the Blue Russian is a lovely icy piece, isn't it? Well, the canvas should arrive late next week and I'll Reveal All then so you know just how good a guesser you are.

NCPat said...

Yippee! Off to make the popcorn!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Since this is a Russian Santa, should we pour vodka with the popcorn?

Jane, just asking here in CH (LOL)

Anne Bloom said...

Yea! I love it when you blog -stitch! I like the one with birds but any will be great!

Cindy Minick said...

Hi Jane, This Cindy also hopes for the bird Santa, but they are all wonderful! Stay warm and Happy Thanksgiving.

NCPat said...

Oh, of course! Vodka and popcorn!