Orna Willis found photographs of an exhibit by Richard Bassett that uses photographs from the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated as the basis for needlepoint.
Orna has some interesting questions as to the significance of photos so ubiquitous that we recognize them immediately and whether turning them into needlepoint makes them fresh again. Or perhaps he is stitching through his grief all these years later?
Many needlepointers use needlepoint to make traumas more bearable, after all.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright February 16, 2017 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash