Sunday, February 22, 2015

Need a Little Light?

Folks rave about these small Ikea LED lamps.  They won't work well in all situations as they are either powered by a cord or a USB connection.  But they are small and cheap and if you don't use very wide stretcher bars, they'll clamp to your canvas.  Might even clamp to your floor frame or table, depending on the size of the area you want to attach the lamp to.  (Apparently the clamp only opens to one and a quarter inches wide.)  Some models come with an on/off switch I think.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/18294/

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright February 16, 2015 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

I love my corded clamp-on light! It works with my regular-thickness Evertite stretcher bars (don't have any of their thicker ones), which other clamp-on lights can't manage. And the cord is really long, with an on-off switch near the base of the light. I take mine everywhere with me, and it was quite a hit at ANG's 2012 Seminar in Philadelphia. I think my friends and I were excellent free publicity for Ikea.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for the testimonial, SL. I see some of the models have the off-on switch which is great and they all seem to have a quite long cord. Good to know they fit on the smaller width of the Evertites (the longer Evertites are thicker, aren't they?). I just wish they came with a magnifier.