Monday, December 21, 2009

Beaded Warts



I've actually gotten some stitching done between snow shoveling sessions and trips to the basement to feed the wood stove.  (Not to mention trips to the kitchen to feed the family!)  I've gotten all the beads attached to the O'jishi mask.  I wish you could see them in person.  They look terrific!

I used gold/copper hex beads from Mill Hill's Magnifica line (#10012) in the bulk of the warts, but I did mix in a few Toho 11/0 silver lined gold hex beads (#1955-008) for warts that were painted white instead of old and for dots here and there on his nose that were tiny warts without a metallic bead cup to sit in.  The Toho beads look yellow, especially on top of the gold silk.  Mixing the two colors of beads on the canvas adds a bit of extra interest and allows me to follow the shading of the painted bumps.

In a few places I put two beads inside a bead cup stitch for the larger warts.  I hope you can see in the photograph how I mixed the two colors, used beads without a bead cup, and added two beads in some places to vary the warts.

I need to work on backstitching a lot today between shoveling sessions.  And I am seriously tempted to make a pan of fudge and eat the whole thing after all that physical activity shoveling snow!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Shoveling burns tons of calories. So does cybershopping! Enjoy the pan of fudge.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOL

Maybe tomorrow, Beth. I'm too pooped to make fudge today.