Saturday, August 9, 2008

Introducing the Squiggee Koi Framed


I took photos of my little goldfish in his shadowbox frame this morning. I had trouble with reflections on the glass even on a cloudy morning in the shade with the camera flash turned off. Makes me wonder if the glass is UV protective--in my experience that glass is hard to photograph well. I didn't notice anything on the label when I bought the shadowbox. Oh, well, at least you can see the pattern on the fabric that covers the foam core mat in this photo.



Thanks very much for custom painting this for me, Gail. It's now available through Squiggee's website to anyone who needs a little koi in their life.

http://www.squiggeedesigns.com/

You might find it in the Squiggeeland Needlepoint eBay store occasionally, too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Squiggeeland-Needlepoint

Or bookmark this page and come visit anytime!

Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

g said...

He is just tooooooooo wonderful for words......you have made my head so puffed up this morning that i am like a blowfish...lol
for a designer to see such care and execution...is a high that is hard to explain...you have made me very proud and happy...
xoxoxo
g

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Gail, I am glad you are pleased with what I did with your koi canvas.

Needlepointing painted canvases is very unusual in that the stitcher collaborates with the designer to create a piece that is based on commonalities (all the other koi painted canvases you've done) but that is unique to the needle artist. I am sure it's uniquely satisfying to see a whole school of your goldfish swimming out in the wild!

Thanks again for doing this canvas for me. It was a joy to stitch.

Jane, waving from CH