Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On Top, or Bottom?


Last night I drew around the base of the hollow standup wizard on paper to make a pattern. It's a bit lopsided, so I am thinking just how I should round it off, or whether I should. While I experiment with paper and scissors, I've posted a photo of the wizard with feather trim around his base. I'm dithering over whether the trim doesn't look better around the edges after all....

What do you think? I'll open a poll on the Yahoo 360 site only. Blogspot doesn't have polls so folks with an opinion who can't read Blogspot blogs or who don't have a Yahoo account so they can participate in the poll will have to email me at chilly hollowat hot maildot com.

Thanks for your opinion. Now I can't decide!

Jane/Chilly Hollow

Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

8 comments:

g said...

I myself love the feathers...but then ...here in Squiggeeland we like the unusual...I think it would add a little zip and with all the blues ,it is just the right thing to make you think cold and chilly with a little sparkle..weeeeeeeeeeeeee....and it doesn't overpower the design...many times i have an embellishment in mind for a piece... but when a piece is painted and I apply it ...it just doesn't achieve the feel I had intended......but i think your choice does...
just my opinion...free like the air...

xoxoxoxoxo
g

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Gail. I am particularly thankful for your input as you are a designer who uses a lot of embellishment on her pieces. I like the feathers but today I think they look best all along the top and sides instead of around the base. DITHER!

Can't decide....

Anyone have a coin I can flip?

NCPat said...

I vote for around the sides and top. 1. I like the look. 2. It won't be such a dust catcher....said the lady who hates to dust!

NCPat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denise & Linda said...

I vote for them around the base. I wouldn't want anything to take away from the wizard.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Denise and Linda. Most folks are voting for No Feathers A'tall. So now I'm thinking a line of silver Kreinik with crystal beads....

Stay tuned. I'm still thinking about possibilities.

Beth said...

Jane,
Just FYI: you can do a poll on Blogger...just go to "Customize" and "Add a Gadget." I've done at least one on my blog when I was trying to decide on colors for a piece.
Beth

PS: I'm sorta a "no frills" girl. I really like the couched Kreinik over the feathers around the edges.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for the tip on doing a poll on Blogspot. I should have realized among the thousands of addons BS has that there would be a poll. I'm a bit wary of open-source software. (At least Yahoo's is theirs, not an anynomous source.) Do you remember whose code you used?

I think you are right about the feather trim. I do love it. Now I've got to find the right project for it!