Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wizard's Beaded Edge


I have started adding beads to the edge of the Joan Thomasson wizard stand up piece. They must be done before I can add the wired Flair smoke and then stuff the piece, add rocks as weights and hand-stitch the base on. So there is a lot still to do. I thought you'd like to see the edge with the two #16 Kreinik silver threads couched down and the beads beginning to be added on top of that. I am alternating one single pale lavender seed bead from Mill Hill with a group of three crystal #14 beads from Sundance. They don't touch-each group is about 3 mm from the next. The crystal clear beads from Sundance have incredible sparkle while the larger round lavender bead is exactly the color of the purple underrobe. They look very nice. I have about 1/5 of the edge beaded and will continue to work on that tonight.

Jane/Chilly Hollow

Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

NCPat said...

Very pretty! I see you have changed your mind! Off to read more posts!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yes, no feather trim. I love the look but it just doesn't work on the wizard. Sort of like me and high leather boots. Look great on other people, but not on me.

Jane, also bootless here in CH