Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pearl in Her Glory


Here is Pearl with her head wrap and her yakuta stitched. Her hair is done also. I tent stitched the hair with one ply of Soy Silk in black, then on top of it I stemed stiched tendrails of hair that flow the way real hair does. Pearl's hair and the geisha's overlap some, so I had to decide where one stopped and the other started. The designer put a slight line of gray between the two that I used as a guide.

I am happy with Pearl's looks even though laying the sea green 4 plies of Mandarin Floss smoothly across the padding lines was tedious and time-consuming.

Jane/Chilly Hollow

Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Cindy Minick said...

Great job on Pearl's hair wrap and your skinny willow background really gives the piece an oriental feel.

Cindy Minick said...

Great job with her hair wrap, definitely worth the time and effort laying the padded lines. Your skinny willow background looks great also and really adds to the oriental feel.

NCPat said...

I love how you did this! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

You are doing such beautiful work on this piece you are almost making me want to reconsider doing painted canvases again -- I really haven't done any since I joined all the guilds and on-line lists, etc., but you are intriguing me again. Great Job!
Edy in NYC