Monday, February 16, 2009

Peacock Lovers Alert


Many of us revisit the same themes over and over in our stitching. Perhaps we love Christmas, so that's all we stitch (or maybe we have so many grandkids we are a stocking factory). Or maybe we love Asian designs so we stitch kimonos, geishas, temples and koi (that would be me). Or maybe, just maybe, we love to stitch peacocks.

If you are a peacock lover, have I found the blog for you!
http://peacockstitchalong.blogspot.com/

By the way, the photo above is my Shorebirds peacock I stitched last year. He's just magnificent!

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I would have e-mailed you for "heads up" about the Needle House - but lost your address!! She's wonderful. I'm glad you saw it so soon. P.S. I am a peacock nut, myself.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

No problem, Judy. I saw your note about Needle House right away. What fun!

I think we all love peacock designs, but the peacock blog is delightful to browse to see all the possibilities and ways the bird is used in stitching!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Jane,

That is a great looking peacock. They are such magnificent birds :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

They are magnificent until you discover just how loud they can scream! I'm happy to not have any in the neighborhood--the foxes got all Bud's, thank heavens!