Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More by SharonG


Remember how I sent you to the ANG website to look at several frame stitches for borders that SharonG created? She's updated her blog and there's a fabulous gold bamboo frame around the koi piece on the site.
http://sharongneedlepointdesigner.blogspot.com/2009/06/ct35-is-newer-canvas-that-now-has.html

The photo above is the small dragonfly abstract from SharonG's blog. It is stitched with Kreinik's new Japan threads. It is beautiful!

I had a wonderful time looking at all the photos. The horses gave me a big laugh but I admired the blossoms on the great background more as they are something I'd stitch. Do I like the black one better than the white? I don't know! They'd make a fabulous pair of framed pieces, wouldn't they?

SharonG is one of my three favorite designers (Leigh and Mindy and SharonG) so I was thrilled to find the update of new pieces that will be offered at the Columbus trade show that starts this weekend. Tell your shop to hurry and order!

Jane, drooling here in CH

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Jane,

I also love this piece. Very beautiful.

Sharon has wonderful painted canvas and I saw that many have stitch guides too :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yes, it's an evil plot to get you interested in painted canvases, Pierette!

Seriously, Sharon's guides are the best I've ever seen. They make it easy to follow in her footsteps and create a work of art. So if there's something you adore, well, why wait?