Saturday, September 12, 2009

Split Pavilion in Close Up



I've attached a close up of the split pavilion stitch that I am using for the Rabbit Geisha's background to help folks who want to use this stitch elsewhere.

I stitch it in horizontal rows, doing first one half of the pavilion, then in the next row doing the other half.

For the Rabbit Geisha canvas, I turned the canvas on its side so that the split lines when the canvas is upright run vertically. You can stitch it with them running horizontally if you wish.

If you guys need it diagrammed, I will do that, but it takes time, so hopefully this will be good enough.  Refer to earlier photos to see more rows underway.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an exquisit stitch. You could almost do a positive negative stitch with canvas showing to give the design a lacy look. I so much want to try that on an abstract design I'm working on.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Do try it and let us know how it turns out. This is a beautiful stitch in my opinion, but I'm a sucker for most of the Ming and pavilion stitches.

I plan to do some halves in another thread. We'll see how that works out.