Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tonight's the Night UPDATED AGAIN







FINAL UPDATE: Tonight's the ANG Auction at the annual Seminar in Milwaukee. The pet guardian angels sold for $500. Michele Winter is their new owner. Michele's in Texas. If you know her, go visit the angels. I'm sure she'll arrange a viewing for you. After all, they really have to be seen to be appreciated.

UPDATE: The ANG Auction co-chair Nancy Robertson kindly sent photos of the pet guardian angels on display for tonight's auction. They are on a large wreath and on a garland but all aren't visible in this photo. There are too many of them! Anyone who knows how the auction went please post in the Comments as I won't get word until tomorrow most likely. My husband gets the computer in the evening so I won't be able to check emails then.

Click on the photo of the magazine cover to see the slide show of all the pet guardian angels in the auction. Once I hear how things went, I'll let you know but it'll probably be tomorrow morning before I update this post.
I'm tent stitching on South Seas Fiji's black areas on the right side of the ornament but skipped the H-Q rows on Glittering Kimono last night. Bad Jane!
I ran out of time.
Yes, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

By the way, here's the slide show of all the Pet Guardian Angels sold to raise money for ANG at the Milwaukee 2009 Auction.


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

12 comments:

NCPat said...

Wonderful! The excitement builds!!

Margaret said...

Thank you for letting us see all the angels. Beautiful job everyone. Congratulations.

ChitownStitcher said...

Jane, I just sent you an email with pics of how the angels are displayed for tonight's auction. Some were put on a wreath and the rest on a garland. I will let you know what they go for. Thanks again for coordinating this. Have you decided on our project for next year oh master enabler from Chilly Hollow?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I got the pictures and will upload one here for everyone to see, Nancy. Thank you very much!

I can't even think about tomorrow, much less next year, until the suspense is over and we know where the pet guardian angels end up!

Anyone who knows the outcome please post in the Comments here.

NCPat said...

This looks fantastic!

ChitownStitcher said...

The Angels were bought for $500.00 by Michele Walker of Texas. Thanks Michele!!!

ChitownStitcher said...

Jane, we can post in the comments, but until you get back on the computer and approve our comments, no one can see them anyway. :)

Margaret said...

I apologize to everyone but don't know how else to do this. Yesterday I loved the slide show but today I saw the display on the table. Jane.... I swear that the tulip collar pillow to the left is mine. Is there any way you can find out? I can't. This last summer I packed up a box of work I had stitched over the last 30 years and sent it to the Guild so it wouldn't fall into the hands of The Goodwill. I am thrilled to see one finished and displayed. I put my glasses on and enlarged the picture and I am going to continue to glow until I hear other wise.

Sorry everyone. Back to business.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

ooooo! How exciting! We can ask Nancy to check when she has time. Margaret, I have other pictures besides this one. I'll see if any show off the tulip pillow better and if so, send it to you to see so you can identify it for sure.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Jane, All the Guardian Angels are wonderful, you ended up with a kennel full! I still have my favorite, however. I won't say which one, but she's very colorful.: ) Garland for the tree is a wonderful idea, so glad you've got pictures for us to also enjoy. And Margaret, that tulip pillow is beautiful!

ChitownStitcher said...

Margaret - for more information about the auction, you can email me at auction@needlepoint.org. I think this was probably your piece. There are other pieces I think may have been yours also.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Nancy, Margaret is going to get in touch with you after Seminar is over. She is very excited that her tulips piece made such a lovely pillow and curious about the fate of other pieces she donated.