Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rabbit Geisha on Background (with Tassels)




I'm happy to announce that I've finished the background!
 All those split pavilions are done.  Now I can turn to the fun details to finish this Brenda Stofft canvas.

I've started the blue tassels.  You'll remember that they were painted to be dark green but I've switched to the navy I used on the sleeves and shawl collar.  I rummaged around my stash yesterday and picked out more shades of pink and green for the two ribbons, have selected some bead colors that might work, and I have a pretty good idea about what I will do for the fan the geisha holds.  So even though I feel as though I've not made much progress, I have. 

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

5 comments:

NCPat said...

Wonderful! Backgrounds take so long.....I am proud of you!

Suestich said...

Jane

I love what you are doing with this special Rabbit. Stunning

Sue V

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Sue. I'm glad you like her.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I am glad the background is over! Now for the fun stuff....

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Here's the link to the Nancy's Needle Christmas tree quilt pattern, just in case someone finds this and wonders about the Canvas of the Day. I don't save them unless folks mention a design.

Here it is. Copy/paste this in a new link.
http://www.nordicneedle.com/PROD/135-288-0212.html