Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Jean Hilton Designs Available

Jean Hilton's ScottLee

The news was announced on the ANG email list yesterday but I know everyone here doesn't belong to that group, so I'll repeat it.

Three new Jean Hilton designs are available, including ScottLee (above) which was a class Jean taught just before she died.  None of the three designs have been charted before.  You can see the designs and order the charts through Stitches From The Heart, which owns rights to Jean's charted designs.
http://stitches-heart.com/scottlee-from-jean-hiltons-designs-is-now-available/

If you want to see more of Jean's work, click on the Jean Hilton Designs link on the right side of Stitches From The Heart's main page.  All of her published designs are available from this site.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Everyone is such an enabler. I have two copies of ScottLee on hold for me and a friend. I am trying to call the shop to pay for the patterns. It is like calling a radio station about to give away the grand prize. Hopefully, I will get through shortly.

Thanks for the suggestions on Fred. I will read that email more carefully and write you back.

Sara Leigh said...

We're ordering a batch of these for Scarlet Thread too. I've been waiting impatiently for Scott Lee, along with the rest of the world.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Good! I'm sure the counted thread group Over the Mountain are eager for your order to arrive. ScottLee has many, many fans. I think it is beautiful myself, although I don't think I'll ever stitch it.

Feel free to stitch it for me, however. LOL

Jane, running and hiding before SL gets me

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Glad to help out with Fred & Ginger. As for waiting to get through to pay Stitches from the Heart, I am glad it is selling so well. Jean has a lot of fans. She was a fun person and a great designer. One of the true originals, was Jean.

Jeanne said...

Jane, Just so you and your readers know, that picture is slightly different from the way Jean actually designed ScottLee. The three rows of waves in the middle on this picture were a variation of my own. Please check out the updated blog entry from Stitches from the Heart for the correct picture!

I'm flattered that everyone's using my picture!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for letting me know, Jeanne. I wondered when I looked at the photo if it was yours or not, since I didn't get it from your site. It was copied from elsewhere where I saw it and since it was a better photo than the one on the Stitches from the Heart site, I used it.

Hope you don't mind. I didn't know it was your version!

Jeanne said...

No problem. It was a bit of an issue when SftH used it on their site to sell the pattern, especially since it can't fully be recreated with Jean's instructions.

I'm going to do a Google images search to find out where else it's being used!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Sorry I don't remember when I found the photo. I read so many blogs and visit so many websites each day that I don't remember!

But I know it wasn't from your Blog.

Jane, who isn't sure of much these very hot days in CH (LOL)