Sunday, August 15, 2010

Delayed Posting (Beaded Skulls)



Saturday morning my Internet service was down so I didn't get to post this image of the work I've done on the iPhone case.  I decided to skip step four in SharonG's brocade variation and finish up with step 5, which is beading.  As you can see, I put beads in all the rows except for the ones on the left and right side.  I'll wait until finishing to decide whether beads are needed on the right side and will wait until the other side of the case is stitched to add beads to the left side.  I don't want anything close to that area where I can snag threads.  After all, if a thread can snag on anything, it will!

In the above photo I have outlined the bottom skull with black silk. If you compare it to the upper skull which I have not touched, you can see why I wanted to backstitch lines around the area to set it off from the background.

Hopefully I will be able to post this Sunday morning along with progress on Cha.  (Cross your fingers!)

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

I think this is such a great idea! I love the colors (I'm a purple nut) and the design makes me smile.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, SL. I just hope The Granddaughter likes it, too.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see this, I see the tiniest of weeny white dots in the top-right of the eye sockets of the lower skull, matching a pair of white dots in the lower-left corner of the eye-sockets of the upper skull. Don't stitch it Jane, just get 4 tiny white beads and lay them on the canvas... :-)
Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Glenis, I think what you are seeing are the metallic bits of the Silk Lame Braid reflecting light at the scanner.

Silk Lame Braid is a blend of silk and metallic filament, so that there is sparkle in the thread. Just to make sure, I restitched the skulls with a \ stitch on top of the / tent stitches to make sure the purple covers, but I think you are seeing the metallic. You'll know for sure when I post the next photograph of the iPhone case.

But sadly, Monday won't be the day as Someone wants me to finish Cha and expects a progress photo today....

Jane, laughing and waving from her side of the pond