Saturday, September 25, 2010

Done! Or is it?

Finished?
The Pirate Cat is done!  His head scarf is redone to make it smoother and remove the empty stitches that were just visible under his hat.

So is he finished?  Well, no.    I'd always had A Plan for spicing up the bland background behind the kitten and now's the time to see if the plan will work.

Step One:  Jane grabs her purse and car keys, and heads to the local crafts emporium.  She hunts high and low, then squeaks with joy when she finds Just the Thing.  ON SALE!  [Yes, like the Spinster Stitcher I'm probably going to have to wait until this blows over and the cashiers forget me before setting foot in that crafts emporium again.]

Jane comes home and takes the Pirate Cat off the stretcher bars, then finds her color copy of the canvas, breaks out the goodies from the crafts emporium and this is what she ends up with.

Finished NOW?
But I'm still not done, so the Pirate Cat goes back on the stretcher bars....

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

8 comments:

Robin said...

I love the added color and whimsy. Great job, Jane.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Robin. I know you have a Pirate Cat at your house right now. I can just see him dressed up Trick or Treating (as a doctor or patient perhaps?) LOL

But knowing you like this since you are a cat and Halloween fan, means a lot. You are an expert, so to speak!

Anonymous said...

What a difference the gems make! Inspired!

Nancy

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Nancy. I didn't stop with crystals, though. I ran wild! Details tomorrow....

Edy said...

Loving him the way he is!

NCPat said...

GLITZ! Yippee and it looks wonderful!

ChitownStitcher said...

Very cute! Why did you take it off the bars to add the crystals?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Nancy, I wanted to press down hard to attach the crystals to the canvas and I also wanted to put something heatproof underneath the canvas to protect my work surface, so off the stretcher bars it came. I didn't have anything heatproof that would fit underneath the canvas while it was on stretcher bars.