Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Destination Dallas News

I've been adding to the Destination Dallas 2013 section of Blog quite a bit, so remember to check in there to see the latest thing.  Just click on the tab located under the header to go there, then click on Home to come back to Blog's main page.  For those who wonder about the little paper umbrella photo I posted this morning, I've done another Leigh Designs model and stitch guide.  You can read all about it on the CH Stitch Guides blog.
http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com/2013/04/hibiscus-flowers-palm-fronds-mai-tai.html

Smart phone visitors remember to look for the little red triangle to the right of Home.  Click on that and you'll see a menu of tabs to choose from.  I don't know how Blog displays on iPads and Android tablets despite there surge in visitors here using these devices.  Perhaps someone will let us know in Comments?

Many thanks to all of you for showing up here each day.   Knowing you are counting on your daily dose of NP News keeps me blogging away.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
@ Copyright 2013 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

palma said...

although not related to the post I can't help but ask:

what's the little - and absolutely adorable - umbrella with fruits on the upper left hand corner?

I want that :)

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It's a close up from my latest model for Leigh Deigns. It's called Bermuda and is from the Caribe' series. A smaller 6x6 version with stitch guide will be available at the Columbus trade show. (it's got organdy ribbon, Swarovski sequins, and beads!)
http://www.leighdesigns.com/Grp626x.html

Cindy said...

Living in the Sunshine State, I love rhe tropical feel of this canvas. The paper umbrella is brilliant. You've inspired me to rip out the almost-finished hibiscus of my Florida canvas. I was aiming for realism & executing it verrrry badly in long-&-short (which I hate anyway!). Your version is so much better. I think my palm fronds should be OK, at least, if the Patina behaves.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Glad to help out, Cindy. The Caribe' series got me through a horribly snowy March with my sanity intact. I hope you figure out a nice treatment for your hibiscus. They are my favorite Florida flower, especially big hedges of them in the Keys. Good luck on the palm fronds. I like Patina but it doesn't always play nice, does it? I hope you'll send me a photo of your Florida canvas. After all, I might have to stitch one some day as Beloved grew up in Miami and has plenty of family still in Southern Florida.

palma said...

"(it's got organdy ribbon, Swarovski sequins, and beads!)"

you got me right there :)

I am soooo stitching this. I can wait for Columbus

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yes, this is your kind of stitching. Light coverage, lots of embellishments, lots of different techniques and threads. Go for it! Liegh'll sell any shop the canvas and guide. Or just the canvas if you want to jump in with your own ideas. Have FUN!