Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Introducing My Cow Magnet

I am a needle magnet addict.  I have a nice little collection of magnets I put on my canvases to hold my needles and occasionally my laying tool or scissors as well. A lot of folks are just like me, except I have one magnet that you probably don't, no matter how big a collector you are. I have a cow magnet.

I don't mean I have a magnet in the shape of a cow--I have a magnet that goes INSIDE a cow!
http://www.magnetsource.com/Solutions_Pages/cowmags.html?3e3ea140

This isn't the only style they come in, by the way.  Click on the purchase link once you go to the site above and you'll see other types.  The one I own resembles the Ru-Master 5.  That's what the local farm store stocks.

So why do I own a cow magnet?   I use it when I drop a needle on the floor.  I take out my cow magnet and roll it across the area where I think the needle fell and 99 times out of 100, I find my lost needle.

Now here is a little something for those who want regular needle magnets!
http://www.notyourgrandmothersneedlepoint.com/2013/03/gadgets-galore-for-easter-and-more.html

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
@ Copyright 2013 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

NCPat said...

Wow! That is amazing! I use one of the car extension magnet ones!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I've seen those in the stores and always thought they'd be great but I know Beloved would confiscate it for his own use so I save my money for threads. Oddly, he's not interested in the cow magnet. LOL

wenhkc said...

That is wild, Jane! cow magnets...that's a new one to this City girl...
Wendy

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It was new to me too when I saw them at the farm store here. I had never been around folks worried about their cows eating bits of barbed wire fences! Where I grew up, there were mostly board fences.

Erica said...

Cows eating things they shouldn't is a pretty big concern in my neck of the woods - although some cows do have a greater tendency to eat things they shouldn't than others. Cows are really pretty dumb and will eat anything they come across.

I've got a bunch of cow magnets and use them in the Science programs I present to students. They're amazed at how strong a cow magnet can be - and love learning why its called a cow magnet. I see lots of city kids.....

I had a colleague show me a hair ball that was found in a cow's stomach. Now that was really gross......

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hairballs? YUCK! I'm glad you now about cow magnets. I was feeling alone, very alone! They are pretty strong things. I'm glad they have a use in science class, too.