Alison Cole, who is very well known for her gold work, has written an exhaustive book on stumpwork called The Stumpwork Masterclass. Mary Corbet managed to get a copy (Alison is in Australia) and has a lovely review on her website.
Not everyone who needlepoints is going to be interested in this book but it is an exhaustive treatment of stumpwork in the 17th Century and how it is done today. If it is anything like Alison's two gold work books, the photos alone are worth the price of the book. If you haven't seen Alison's work before, you will want to visit her website to drool over her work, check out her kits and of course, think about buying one (or all) of her books.
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright February 29, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- New Summer 2017
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2017
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash