Saturday, June 8, 2019

Woodstock for Christmas Guitar Finished

With the head and neck of the guitar finished, it was time to tackle the tuning pegs, those silver metal things that enable the guitar player to adjust the tension on the strings.



Testing Findings and Sequins

I thought it might look good if I added sequins from The Collection (bottom row) or metal bits from Sundance (top row).  I was wrong.  The metal findings are too prominent, too large and too busy.  The sequins are too plain.  Sigh.

So I put both back in their packages and tried doing a square Rhodes stitch with silver Kreinik.  It just looked odd.   Then I did a cashmere stitch with the Kreinik.  Didn't look any better.  Sigh.

So I did what I always do when nothing works—I stitched the tuning pegs in basketweave with my Kreinik.



Tuning Pegs in Basketweave

That was a tad too plain so I added a few beads on top of the middle of each peg.


The Final Touch to the Tuning Pegs

You probably have noticed that the bird has a beak and a leg and claws now, too.  And I've laid a length of silver Kreinik over the guitar's neck.   The Christmas ornament is the last thing to be finished.  Next time….

Peace and love.  Out!

I am adding each week's progress report to a tab on the Chilly Hollow Stitch Guides blog.  If you want to catch up on what you missed or just re-read everything, it's all there. Click on the Magic Carpet photo on the right side of this blog and you'll go straight there. Then all you have to do is click on the right tab at the top of the page under the header photo. Click on the Magic Carpet photo there to return to Blog's home page.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot. com
© Copyright May 19, 2019 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

No comments: