Saturday, April 6, 2024

Tips on Finding Missed Stitches

Lori from Waste Knot* has posted a video on Instagram with tips on finding missed stitches.  As a shop owner, Lori checks finished items for missed stitches before handing them over to the finisher.  She likes to hold items up to the sunshine to look for an empty spot where a stitch was missed.  She also uses magnifiers to look over finished pieces.  Lori says that most missed stitches are in an area where there's a color change.

Personally, I like to take a photo of a finished piece to study.  The camera sees things I don't, no matter how many times I look over a piece.

Bug Eye magnifiers come in two sizes.  I think there are several manufacturers of these tools but they appear to be the same except perhaps for price.  Some may be heavy glass, others acrylic.  Some are set in a metal collar.


*Waste Knot is my "local" shop.  I just adore it!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright March 2, 2024 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

No comments: