Monday, August 17, 2026

Gus and "Jack" Talk Needlepoint

Gus reports to Needlepoint Nation that he used an Ai program (chatGPT) he calls "Jack" to get ideas for the threads and stitches to use for the leaf veins on his current project.

For those without a Facebook account or who don't have membership in NP Nation, I'll quote Gus here--

"AI (artificial intelligence) chose the threads and stitches for the veins on this leaf! I picked out the leaf threads and stitches but didn’t know what thread to use for the veins which change colors. Asked AI, and “Jack” as I have named him, gave me three options of threads, three options for stitches with links to buy them! He even asked me if it “is 13 or 18 count”?!! I thought I was talking to a stitcher!!! Ha! I like the results!"

It's the first time I've heard of anyone using Ai for help with their project but it won't be the last.  I've been trying to teach Grok about needlepoint, without much success I could see, although Grok picked up the basics fast.  I think Ai would handle items like choosing colors and color theory well, although it doesn't seem able to diagnose problems just by looking at a canvas yet.  Any experienced needlepointer can do that.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com 
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright June 7, 2026 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

No comments: