Saturday, October 17, 2009

Planning Tassels and Ribbons



I've completed more of the split pavilion background of the Rabbit Geisha and started the tassels and the ribbons, although they are not that far along yet.  I decided to make the dark green tassels dark navy instead of green, using the same navy Caron Snow metallic and Splendor silk that were used on the obi and the inner sleeve trim.  I also have started tent stitching the gold edging on the pink ribbon using #12 Kreinik braid in 002 gold.  I ran out of the #12 braid so I thought I'd double up my #4 braid in 002 and see if that will substitute for the #12.  I was uncertain whether stitching the gold edging on the pink ribbon first was a good idea, so I'll probably try the inside of the pink ribbon on both the ribbons that have the edging stitched and those that don't to see which way seems to work best.  It can be difficult to stitch into holes that already have metallic thread in them and it can also be difficult to stitch with metallic thread into holes with another type of thread already there, so we'll see what seems to work here.

I want to get more background done if possible tonight so I may not have a report on the pink ribbon and the navy tassel for another day.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

4 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Your rabbit is looking lovely. Love how you did the sleeves. Curious minds want to know: what did you order from Gay Ann?

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Beth, I ordered one of the cameo ornaments (the larger one as i liked the design better). I will be posting photos of my progress here, although not anything much about the stitches as this is a class project. I don't like posting teacher ideas, that's not fair.

Anonymous said...

Jane, this is working up so beautifully! I am so impressed! Denise

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks, Denise. I'm glad you like Brenda Stofft's design. I just hope I can make it worthy of the original design. But why is the background growing? It gets bigger and bigger and bigger the more I stitch it!