Monday, July 5, 2010

The Excitement Never Ends

Background & Breast Tent Stitches
Today's progress report on Cha consists of more tent stitches.  I haven't quite finished the background area I planned to do before moving onto the bird, but all that tent stitching started to get to me, so last night I moved on and started the bird.

I made progress.  I tent stitched the small purple tail feather and started tent stitching the bird's breast.  [Jane laughs at the look on Blog readers' faces.]  I know, I know!  It's not quite what you expected from me.  But there's method in all that tent stitching.

Check the photo carefully.  Why does Jane have a cut out piece of paper attached to the bird's head with magnets...?

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

7 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Oh Jane, it's too early for me to think about that paper and magnets. I'll just have to wait for one of your more clever readers to respond. I love this colorful piece and the background on the left is wonderful. Happy 4th to you!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Morning, Madonna! Happy 4th!

I love the background also but alas, it has to come out. It's too much, especially with my bird plans. But not to worry--it'll reappear some day.

Sara Leigh said...

I'm sorry to see the background on the left go, but I see what you mean. Too much going on already, and you've barely started on the bird. I'm really enjoying this project, vicariously of course.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Pity, but I trust all is not lost with this lovely effect; somewhere down the line when we least expect it...BAM! There it is.

Any word yet on the paper/magnet/mystery?
Madonna
Waiting patiently

NCPat said...

I have an idea, but I am waiting and munching the popcorn, feet up in the air! LOL

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Pat wrote: "I have an idea, but I am waiting and munching the popcorn, feet up in the air! LOL"

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

No word on the paper head, Madonna. You'll find out--eventually!

Jane, teasing this morning in CH