Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloween is Coming

Two Monsters from Renaissance Designs
It's October 5 and Halloween is on the way!  I've read recently somewhere that Halloween painted canvases are more popular than any other theme.  I have trouble believing this since there are so many Christmas canvases for us to enjoy, but since I've seen a huge influx of Halloween canvases showing up at Woodlawn and online, certainly a lot of Halloween stitching is going on.  I've even stitched two Halloween designs myself.  The first was Two Monsters, above.  It turned out so well that I have it still, put away in my stitching drawer each year to wait until October rolls around.

Pirate Cat Himself

Of course I just finished Patt and Lee Designs' Pirate Cat. He was quite a lot of fun to do, wasn't he?  Now I think I want to do another Halloween design, but something a bit more sophisticated.  But you'll have to wait and see what I choose....

Two Monsters, Giggling and Teasing You
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com Archived Yahoo 360 postings at http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

2 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome to "our" world, Jane. Halloween is a fun time for the lime green, purple, silver, gray, orange, and black colors which might have been missing from your Stash. (Well, perhaps not your stash...) It will be fun to see your next moves.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

LOL Well, I don't have as much silver or gray as I thought I did but Lime Green? I've got that! Orange? Ditto. And of course purples are all over the place here.

Why is it I never have neutral colors like black, white, gray, and ecru when I need them?

Jane, pondering the question here in CH