Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Upside Down or Right Side Up?

Lillian Chermor Gold Fish with Seaweed
I've just gotten a second comment about Carol's Gold Fish canvas being photographed upside down.  And it finally clicked!  (Ok, I am somewhat slow.  I admit that.)  Some folks like the fish turned so that the dangling seaweed (above) becomes weeds growing from the sandy bottom (below).

Lillian Chermor Gold Fish with Water Plants
What do you think?  Should Carol frame this so that she can hang the canvas either way?  How would you display it?

You can see the design on the Needlepoint Originals by Lillian Chermor website by clicking on Collections (left side) and then choosing "Flora and Fauna and Friends."
http://needlepointbylilliandesign.com/

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you turn the canvas upside down, the fish now has fins growing out of the top of its head, and appears to be sticking its tongue out!

Elaine said...

I guess we all see things in different ways!

It would never have occurred to me to 'see' it the second way! It's the second photo that looks upside down to me!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Everyone's different in how they view the world. I think it very interesting that we all see more than one way up on this one.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it's been correct all along. The fins in option 2 just don't look like they flow right in the water, in addition to the head and mouth problem mentioned above.

Nancy

pamelaric said...

Also, the yellow crescent by the eye of the fish should be under it. It's the way a fish is made. I say put it back with the seaweed or whatever is dangling down.
Pamela, Tucson

Anonymous said...

Dangly seaweed, definitely - the fish looks "different" when the seaweed dangles, but it looks weird the other way up. (JMHO)

Mind you - the real question (whichever way up you have it) to my mind is... who's lurking below???? SOMEthing blew the lower bubbles, and it wasn't this guy cos bubbles rise... :-)

Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You have a point, Glenis. Something lurks below!

I think it's one of those opening/closing treasure chests that blows bubbles of air into an aquarium myself.