Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blog Changes

This morning I changed the header photo to something summery-the little Melissa Shirley mermaid I stitched last year.  I've also added links to Barbara Bergsten's yoga exercises so we can take advantage of the information to build healthy stitching habits.  You'll find them just below the koi pond in the right hand column. I thought that would be an easy way to find them among all the information that clutters up the right side of the page.  I'm also considering removing the Stash Credits box.  What do you think?  It was fun to keep track of all the threads I used this year and last but I don't think anyone is much interested besides me.  After all, you guys already know I'm a threadaholic!

Any other changes you'd like to see?

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I'd like to see is shrink the mermaid a bit. Not just because it's the mermaid, I've had the same aversion to the peacock as well as previous header-photos. I just find it too much "in your face" when Blog loads.

Just MHO - not even worth 2p :-)
Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Alas, Glenis, I've not been able to shrink header photos. I don't have Photoshop which probably would allow me to resize better. I also don't know HTML code well enough to know exactly what size photo I need. I keep experimenting but haven't hit on a good formula yet. Sorry. I don't like the big headers either. But I can't figure out how to change them. Guess it's time to start looking for a new format again.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Glenis, I've changed the header to show you the other variation of what I can do. There doesn't seem to be anything in the middle--it's either too big or too little. Oh, well, I guess we can leave it at this small size for a while.

Anonymous said...

Thank You!!!
I looked at a later post this morning and thought "Oh good - a shrunk mermaid - well done Jane.
:-)
Glenis

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

We aims to please!

Sorry I can't put the title and designer credit on the right side next to the photo but Blogger doesn't allow that. I'd also like to have just a title with my canvas photo as the background to Blog but I can't figure that out, either. Oh, well, I'm no computer genius so I will have to wait until Blogger makes that a standard option.