Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Different View UPDATED

One of the two hot new counted thread designers in my neck of the woods is Threedles, which is Kurdy Briggs' design company.   I am a big fan of her "Cleopatra's Eyes," which I saw at Woodlawn last March.  It won my I'd Take It Home If I Could award, as well as a blue ribbon from Woodlawn.  "A Different View" is the newest design from her needle, but it isn't quite ready for prime time yet.  The chart will be released in August.  I thought you'd like to see it.
http://www.threedles.com/06012011/Current%20Year%20Designs/WhatsNew2011.html#A_Different_View

Scarlet Thread sells the charts and the thread/beads/crystals kits needled for the design.  I have shopped with Scarlet Thread for years and can testify that they do great customer service.  Besides, it's worth taking a look even if you are buying and kitting out your Threedles charts elsewhere because Sara Leigh has photos of all the threads needed.  It's pretty eye-opening to see all the colors and threads used in Cleo's Eyes and the two other colorways of this design
http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/ScarletThread/-strse-Charts-cln-Threedles/Categories.bok

Many thanks for Pat who sent me the link to Threedles' website.  Where would I be without my spies!?!

UPDATE:  Kurdy herself has commented about the new design and its availability in the Comments section.  She says, I just updated the web site with the three colorway images for "A Different View" (Aug 5, @ 6 PM MST). I apologize that the camera lens makes many of the lines look bent. That will be re-worked for the web site. The finished framed colorways are much better aligned. The design is complete and available to order. I will begin shipping patterns on 8/8 to stores."

THANK YOU, KURDY!

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow

Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Kurdy Biggs said...

I just updated the web site with the three colorway images for "A Different View" (Aug 5, @ 6 PM MST). I apologize that the camera lens makes many of the lines look bent. That will be re-worked for the web site. The finished framed colorways are much better aligned. The design is complete and available to order. I will begin shipping patterns on 8/8 to stores.

Kurdy