Monday, April 16, 2012

Framing

These days we create fewer pillows and chair seats, and more purses and framed items. A good framer is always hard to find, so I've been watching New Creation Framing (in Pasadena, California) on Facebook for a while. They post photographs of their finished pieces at their FB account. Lots of what they frame are stitched items, so drop by and talk to them if you live in the area.  I can't tell you anything about customer satisfaction, cost, or how long a framing job takes, but their website is worth a visit.  When you look at the folks who use them, it's an impressive client list from a stitching standpoint.
http://newcreationframing.com/


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

8 comments:

NCPat said...

Amazing pieces! Drooling on the keyboard!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Me, too.

Anonymous said...

Jane

I have used New Creations and am a very happy customer. They are very creative and especially nice to deal with. I had two pieces that were done by my Mom...counted pieces by Carol Costello, a Fall Jester and Winter Jester. They are big pieces and they certainly enhanced them They did a wonderful job . If I can get my Daughter to photo them I will send you a picture later this week. You sure can't go wrong with New Creations.

Sue V
Ca

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for letting us know you are happy with New Creations, Sue. I remember your talking about the big Carol Costello pieces your mom stitched but I didn't know that this is who framed them. I'd love to have a photo to show off on Blog if you can manage it. Thank you so much for offering!

Elaine said...

I have had about 15 needlepoint pieces framed at New Creations Framing and each and every one turned out amazing. They can work within a budget, and they REALLY know their stuff. They also have a tremendous appreciation AND respect for needlework, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Expert knowledge and superior service are a rare find these days...and these folks have it!

Elaine Stevens

stitchwiz said...

I have used New Creations for many years. Nancy and Andrea do phenomenal framing. They have terrific ideas about enhancing your work. I am particularly enamored of their unusual matting. Nancy will paint a mat to compliment the art. They also do beautiful carved mats. If I knew how to send you pictures of their work that hangs in my home, I would. I highly recommend their services. It is worth every penny.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Elaine, thanks for letting us know that New Creations has a second very happy customer. I'd love to see some examples of their work from you, too!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It's lovely to have a third recommendation for this shop. Thanks, Stitchwiz! I do wish I could see photos of your masterpieces but we can settle for knowing you are very happy with their work.