Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Had a Brainwave (not a heatwave)

This morning I had An Idea.  Remember how I am not happy with the trunk show and sales listings I do?  I do a periodic listing every week or two but they are pushed down out of sight quickly by new blog postings.  Not only do these listings make Blog look like an advertising sign, they are soon forgotten.  This morning I decided I would create a new tab at the top of the page under the header.  See the tabs? They read Home, To Buy Stitch Guides, Loretta Spears Archive, and now July 4 Trunk Show and Sales Listings.  Click on a tab to see what's there, then click on Home to return to the latest blog articles.  Every time I have another batch of these, I'll add to the bottom of the list.  The first of the month I'll delete it all and start over again.  This will allow me to post sale and trunk show info in one place you can always easily find.

Hope this works well for you.  I want to keep posting the sales as most folks like them and it's a thank you service I can provide for the shops and designers and tool manufacturers that bring us so many wonderful things.  But if you don't like this or aren't interested, it will be easy for you to ignore.

Everyone wins!  That's my kind of idea.


Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com

9 comments:

mskathk said...

Wonderful solution! Thanks so much for separating out these functions!
Happy Independence Day to all in Chilly Hollow-- stay cool!

Robin said...

Bingo! Going above and beyond the normal blogging duties. Jane, you are very generous. Festive hugs to you. Robin

Donna said...

Brilliant, Jane!

bbs said...

Excellent--thank you! This should keep everyone happy (an amazing and rare accomplishment).

~Belle

A Joyous Fourth to all.

Wendy TC said...

LIke your idea, Jane. Good thinking!

Goldylox99 said...

You are so clever! Maybe "roughing it" makes your creative juices flow!?!

Anne Bloom said...

Great idea! You are one smart and creative cookie! Are you a middle child? Middle children always try to make everyone happy!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

No, Anne, I'm the eldest. I just try to work out the best deal for the most people. After all, I want people to find Blog useful and entertaining and educational and come back again and again.

I hate stitching alone.

NCPat said...

Way to go! Great idea!