Hands Across the Sea Samplers showed off some lovely antique thread winders on their Wordless Wednesday blog posting this week. I think they are all 19th Century, although I am no expert.
Thread winders are used more in cross stitch than needlepoint as far as I can tell from my stitching friends, but lovely tools are lovely tools, no matter how (or when) you stitch. This little article about historical stitching tools is quite interesting.
I found both modern and antique ones for sale on Etsy.
Enjoy dreaming of the perfect thread winder for your favorite silk....
Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright June 29, 2016 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.
- TNNA WINTER 2017 SAN JOSE
- Tutorials and Tips
- Blog-Stitching Links
- D.C. TNNA SHOW JUNE 2016
- DESTINATION DALLAS 2016
- Needle Felting Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Teach Yourself Needlepoint & Embellishment
- Needle Painting on Needlepoint Canvas Tutorial
- Counted Canvaswork Shops
- Counted Canvaswork Designers
- Recommended Online Shops
- Where to Have Designs Put on Needlepoint Canvas
- Where to Donate Unwanted Stash