Friday, June 1, 2018

Let's Try Something Different

The world of blogging is slowly dying, which means there is less needlepoint information Out There for me to mention.  All you have to do is check the blog list here to see how many blogs have not published in a year or five or more!  I don't have enough articles to publish every day now unless I start writing original content, which I don't have the time to do.  Writing even this short notice took me over 30 minutes this morning. time that could be spent stitching, doing chores, or even reading a good book.  So I'm going to switch to publishing articles every other day here on the odd days of the month and publishing an article about stitch guides on the Chilly Hollow Stitch Guides Blog (available by clicking on the magic carpet photo in the right hand column) every other day on the even days.  This will start June 3.

Occasionally I'll dig up an old article here for you to read.  There's a lot of good stuff.  Blog's ten years old here at Blogger and I started blogging using Yahoo's defunct 360 blogging tools at least a year before that.  Of course all the earliest information is gone, disappearing when 360 was shut down.  I published articles on both blogging sites for around six months when I learned that 360 was going to go dark.

If you show up here and there's nothing new, check out the CH Stitch Guides Blog because it must be an even day.  Or use the search function to find all sorts of fascinating things from the past.  A good topic to search on is "Bonnie," for example.  I won't tell you why, you'll have to discover for yourself!  Or read through the tabs just under the header where I have all sorts of answers to commonly asked questions in the world of needlepoint.

Sorry, but everything changes.  I am trying to keep blogging without increasing my work load too much.  Facebook is taking more and more of my time as I try to manage Needlepoint Nation there.  It is harder than you would think being a good hostess to twelve thousand needlepointers, especially if you have a busy and full real life going on, too.

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright May 28, 2018 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

8 comments:

NCPat said...

It is true. The Facebook, instagram and twitter era have taken over.

Kimberly said...

Hi Jane! Waving from Florida 😎
I completely understand, I’ve only been managing once a month at best but determined not to give up on it just yet. Hugs from a long time fan, Kimberly

RobinG said...

Brava Jane! Yours was the first needlepoint blog I ever read. In fact, yours was the first blog of any kind I ever read, and I was soon to learn that blogs of your quality were few and far behind. Thank you for every word you've writen; there's gold in them thar posts. Best, Robin in Indiana

Bonnie said...

Have to love reading your blog and seeing my name! The peacock piece we both stitched and talked about our thread and stitch choices is hanging on the wall right next to me. Seems so long ago.

Mom55 said...

Thanks so much for the gift of your blog. I have been enjoying it every morning but I have noticed that the other blogs on your list are not writing as much. I do love Needlepoint Nation and thank you for that...glad that I can still read the blog every other day! Liz

Sheena said...

We don't want you to stop blogging but you have to do what is best for you! Keep up the great work, love Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jane, for continuing to find stitching things to share. Your site is my first stop each day and I will happily gobble up whatever you find. As you find time to stitch, I hope you will blog-stitch a project or 2. Kathy

woolwoman said...

I've noticed the decline in blogging. I still read them and I still try to update mine once a month at least. I hope they don't fade away because they are still serving their original purpose - An online journal - something you can refer back to unlike FB - if you don't snap a screen shot - it's gone forever and you can never find the info or photo again. I hope you will keep going Jane - I don't comment often but I do ready your blog faithfully. Thanks for all the great info you provide. Cheers Mel