Saturday, May 30, 2009

Transfer from Yahoo 360 to Yahoo Profile

This seems to be the new address of my Chillyhollow Needlepoint Yahoo Profile. This doesn't take you straight to the blog--you have to click on a link on the right side of the page. Sorry, I can't find a direct URL for the blog yet. Everything has transferred except keywords (HOW THE HECK CAN WE FIND ANYTHING WITHOUT KEYWORDS??!!!?!?!?!) and the slide shows (but I think if you click View All you can still see them) and second photos in blog entries that had more than one photo.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

Could some folks test this please? Thanks!
Jane, exasperated in CH

Jane/Chilly Hollow
Main blog at http://blog.360.yahoo.com/chillyhollow

6 comments:

NCPat said...

Ok, so I clicked on the above link and it took me to a front page. I clicked on the link on the right side and it took me to the Teapot is finished post.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Jane,
First, I love the wisteria teapot, it's looking very good. Next, somehow I missed the star and halo on Golden Rabbit and am glad I finally saw it. GR is really stunning. Finally, I didn't know what you wanted tested but I have linked over to the profiles page and you're right, in order to see you latest blog entries you need to scroll down and View all. You mentioned well over a year ago that Yahoo 360 was going away...took them long enough. I hope you're pleased with how it works. BTW, I didn't know everyone couldn't see blogspot. What up with that? donna

Nancy L said...

I looked at several entries, Jane, and never saw more than one photo. Sorry for all the trouble you're having!
Nancy

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for checking, Nancy. I haven't been able to post more than one photo at Yahoo 360 for a long time so I'm not surprised. But earlier (and I mean a year ago at least) I was able to post a series of photos in a blog entry there. At least you can find the Blog!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for the compliment on the wisteria teapot and the Golden Rabbit, Donna. I am glad you like them. Thanks for checking the link and finding the Yahoo 360 blog in the new location. I have no idea why folks can't see Yahoo 360 but at least one person told me that they got a note telling them they had to sign up for a Yahoo Group or email address to view it, so they didn't. I don't think Yahoo is serious about hosting blogs. Certainly this new "profile" is not geared toward anything like what I or most stitchers do whenh we blog!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thanks for testing the link, Pat. To see all the blog posts, you have to click on View All at the blog link area. Very odd!

Yahoo wants to be Myspace, not a blog host. It's obvious that this is not a good place for the Yahoo 360 content.