Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A Celebration of Flowers Exhibit

A museum in Bath has an exhibit of Kaffe Fassett quilts and needlepoint and Candace Bahouth mosaic work.  The latest Kaffe newsletter has a link to a video of the show.  There are lots and lots of quilts but the floral needlepoint is amazing, too.  The exhibit ends in September if you happen to be in England then.
https://vimeo.com/284905929

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright August 15, 2018 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Deborah Hubbard said...

Kaffe Fassett! The original yes-but-no-but-YES man - his sense of colour can be startling but he does everything with such energy and authority that he makes it work. Thanks for the link.

Thanks also for passing on the news about Liz (of Lizart) and her health issues. I see she hasn't posted for 5 weeks - if there is any news about her, please could you pass it on? I stitched her Rainbow Horses for a friend, consulted her about a couple of things (I wanted to include a quote, and she was so kind about it) and it was really successful. I was so impressed with Liz herself too. And I'm not part of Needlepoint Nation, though I do lurk my way through the photos, so I don't get the news there. And I really hope she's getting better!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I haven't heard anything recently from Liz but she's hanging in there and doing therapy the last I heard. Fingers crossed! She's a delightful person!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Update! I heard from Liz today (8/25/18) and she's home from the hospital! She got some stitching done while she was there and will do more although she has to do some rehab, too. So that's very good news! I'll tell her you were asking about her, Deborah.