Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Personal Favorites from TNNA Winter 2015 Part Three

From Elizabeth Turner Collection's Vintage Fashion Series

As promised, I have a few more favorites from the TNNA Market that just ended.  I promise not to add any more owl canvases to the list, but I did notice another new trend at Market--dress forms showing off vintage fashions.  The red Chinese cheongsam above is from Elizabeth Turner.  It is one of quite a few fashion pieces, all displayed on a dress form with a plain background.

Lani's Fashion

Lani has also created similar pieces, most of which seem to be in a 1950s style. Many have a similar purse canvas, too, in case you want a framed set.  Lani's dresses are also on dress forms but she has patterned backgrounds and a border around hers.  Same theme--different interpretation.

Melissa Prince also does Fashion


When I think of fashion, I think of classic movie stars like Audrey Hepburn.    If you are movie-mad, this smaller and simpler piece is from Melissa Prince.  Small and simple doesn't mean unsophisticated, though.  Breakfast at Tiffany's, anyone?


Elizabeth Turner's Geisha

If you like fashion from the Japanese perspective, this Elizabeth Turner canvas spotted by Vicky DeAngelis might be right up your alley.


Lynne Andrew's Wild Animal Santa (Painted Pony)

If you love stitching Santas, this new one from Lynne Andrew/Painted Pony might catch your eye like it did mine.  Painted Pony has at least five other Santas in various colors and styles from Lynne's talented paintbrush but this one was my favorite with its woodland animal theme.  Lynne also does some wonderful primitive farm scenes that fans of Cooper Oaks and Ewe and Eye will enjoy.


DJ Designs in the Mayan Jungle

When it comes to wild animals, my favorite canvas is from DJ Designs.  The real leopard is echoed by a Mayan-style one in the background.


Elizabeth Turner's Foo Dog

I'm going to close with one more stylized animal--a Chinese foo dog.  This canvas is from Elizabeth Turner.  I love the colors and the lines.  This is the sort of thing I'd love to stitch, assuming I could give up sleeping!

This brings to a close my review of the canvases I particularly liked from the many, many new ones that have premiered at the TNNA Winter show in Phoenix.  You'll notice I didn't include links to any websites.  That's because these are so new that they aren't readily available yet.  Even the designer websites aren't updated with photos of them yet in many cases.  Many shops will have placed orders that will start appearing this spring, so stay tuned at a shop near you.

Thanks for patiently letting me show off my favorites.  Now, what were yours?

Written by Jane/Chilly Hollow
Blogging at http://chillyhollownp.blogspot.com
and at http://chstitchguides.blogspot.com
© Copyright January 13, 2015 Jane M. Wood. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

NCPat said...

I love the old dresses too!

Cindy said...

My favorite has got to be the Labors of Love Siamese cat portrait, since we've been owned by them forever. I honestly am not crazy about the green background, but could certainly live with it for the kitty's sake.

Carol said...

I loved Maggie's cat nose print and scoured her website( as well as I know how to do) looking for the dog nose or paw prints which I couldn't find. Can you point me in the right direction so I might see this new line of canvases?
Thanks,
Carol

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Carol, Needlepoint.com posted some photos on their Facebook page. Here's the link but you'll probably have to be signed into FB to see them. I'm sure Maggie' website isn't updated yet.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=np.85986402.1277706333&type=1

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You know, you might be able to change the background colors. You'll need to use the same values (use light blue where they used light green, so to speak) but it could work. It is possible they'll do a custom background for you, too.

Anonymous said...

what is Maggie's website so I can find it when she updates ? that FB page didn't work for me

thanks
joanne

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hi, Joanne. Maggie's site is
http://www.maggieco.com/html/main_table.html

Sorry, I can't make links live in Comments. You'll have to copy/paste the link.